Saturday, January 30, 2010

One More Day

I think this is VERY cute...for all of you moms out there...I just love it.

Just for this morning, I am going to smile when I see your face and laugh when I feel like crying.
Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry and take you to the park to play.
Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink and let you read me a story.
Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up or second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.
Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.
Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.
Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours and miss my favorite TV shows.
Just for this evening, when I run my fingers through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.
And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then that I will thank God for you and ask him for nothing, except one more day.

1 comment: