Sunday, January 17, 2010

How many?

How many kids do you think is too many for one family? I find myself contemplating this a lot. There are families out there with 2,6,12,or even 19 kids (like the Duggars..).

I feel that if the family has the means (time, income, etc) then it should not matter how many kids they have unless they can properly take care of them all. But, on the other hand, if a couple is having a large number of children but cannot afford to care for them then I start to wonder if that is right. What do YOU think?

I have a couple friends who are pregnant right now so this question is just on my mind.

For me, I want to have 3-4 kids as long as I am fully able to provide for them.

There are 4 children in my family (I am the oldest). I think of 4 as a large number of children but to some that is small.

What do YOU think?

3 comments:

  1. I think there is no right answer. I personally dont think I could have 20 kids, but I do have 3 of my own and my 10 yr old sister also lives with us. So I consider us a large family. I guess whatever makes ya happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Holly. =) We have 5 and are praying for #6. I always said that I would never ever let finances determine the size of my family. Children are blessings and with Gods provisions... all needs are met! I guess the question is not the number of kids or the size of the family but the environment the kids are in. Loving, tenderness, faith based, secure and nurturing. If all these needs are met than numbers don't matter. Giving children monetary "things" don't necessarily mean they are being well cared for.
    =). GREAT question. Thanks for listening...
    XoxoGapGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will know when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete